This blog is part of series of articles, parodies and satire based on my thoughts on the trends, reactions and experiences (both individual and shared) of society. Some you may agree with, some you will probably vehemently disagree with and that's absolutely fine.

The content within this site is mostly fictional. Some of the people really exist. Some of the events really happened. But don't bank on any of it by using it in a pub quiz or to sound well-read when conversing with colleagues. Also, to anyone whose name is contained within this site, I know you didn't really do that thing I said you did. I just thought people might like me if I said you did. No need to sue me.

It is in no particular order. It's just one guy, his notebook, a coffee and a dream...

Thursday, October 9, 2008

McCain-Palin play the ignorance card...

Hearing John McCain and Sarah Palin make their closing arguments about Barack Obama's policies, rhetoric, history and associations puts me in mind of watching Homer Simpson argue with Marge. The McCain campaign says that Obama's association with Bill Ayers requires further clarification and a straight answer as it is suspect. Palin is quoted as saying:

And -- not only those terrorist activities that Bill Ayers was involved in, but the questions need to be asked, I believe, when did Barack Obama know of these activities? We've heard so many conflicting stories, and flip-flop answers about when he knew the guy, did he realize that he knocked off his political career in the guy's living room?


Flip-flop answers? I have heard Obama say several times that he was 8 when Ayers committed his terrible crimes. I'm guessing that, as good as he is, Senator Obama didn't know about them then. He has fully explained his relationship with Ayers as being members on a board for the same charity for 4 years. When they met, Ayers was a college professor.

When the idiot-couple heading the McCain campaign then come out and say "Oh, right. Well, we heard differently. That's all I'm saying." it's because THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES SAYING ANYTHING CONTRARY TO OBAMA'S STATEMENTS. They are taking their own word for it. It's unbelievable.

The same goes for the surge in Iraq. McCain keeps repeating that Barack Obama has never admitted he was wrong on the surge in Iraq being a success. This is blatantly untrue. Obama has said to the press on at least two occasions (once to Bill O'Reilly on Fox News of all places, showing the Obama still has time to do charity work) that:

I think that the surge has succeeded in ways that nobody anticipated ... I’ve already said it’s succeeded beyond our wildest dreams.


The McCain response to this involves the lesser seen but always popular "la, la, la, I'm not listening" school of politics, then going straight into telling the Republican no-information voters that "that one" has definitely never, ever stated that he agrees that the surge worked.

Apparently, McCain and Palin are no-information voters too.

No comments: